1. About These Terms
Our Services are also aimed for children under the age of 18. Our Special Information for Parents section contains more information regarding our policies regarding use of our Services by children.
2. Information We Collect
a) Personal Information
When you use the Services, we may ask for or receive “Personal Information” about you. Personal Information is information that enables us to identify you or information that relates to you. Personal Information include a nickname, email address, device identifier, avatar image, location based data, billing information and references to other users tracking you or tracked by you.
The geographic coordinates sampled from your device are considered as your location and hence treated as Personal Information. The location based data comprise your time dependent locations, and coordinates of indicated places and areas of interest.
b) Other Information
For using the Services also “Other Information” is requested which does not, on its own, reveal your specific identity nor directly relate to you as an individual. Other Information include a password, and security text.
3. How We Collect Information
We may collect both Personal Information and Other Information from the following sources:
a) Direct Interactions
We may require you to register before using the Services. You may be asked to provide us with Personal Information to complete the registration. We may also collect Personal and/or Other Information from your use of the Services as a result of your activities controlling the App, referring to an avatar image, coordinates of places and areas of interest, and tracking references to other users.
b) Data from your device
– Device Information. We may collect information about your device to access the Services. Such information may include a unique device identifier.
– Location Information. If you enable certain location-based features and explicitly start recording locations, your current location will be stored locally on your device. If you elect to send locations to the server, we will store that information on the server. If you do not enable the location-based service, or if you stop recording locations, your current location will not be stored on your device and the App will not transmit your current location to the server.
c) Data from external services
– Billing information is retrieved from Google payment services.
4. How We Use Information
We use Personal Information (unless otherwise restricted by law), for the following purposes:
– Your email address is
primarily needed for sending your nickname or password. This might be needed if you login again and forgot one of them. We may also use your email address to send you information about our Services.
– Your unique nickname identifies your account. Your nickname is checked if other people want to track you.
– Your password is checked when you login again to your account on the same device or on another device.
– The device identifier will be checked to detect if locations are stored on the server steming from another device.
– The hashed value of the security text, stored on the server at registration, is compared to the hashed value of the security text when you login again.
– Your avatar image (if available) is forwarded to a user who is tracking you.
– Your locations are stored on the server only according to the choice you made. You can fetch the locations and restore them on your device. You can delete your locations on the server. Your current locations are forwarded to a user tracking you.
– Your places and areas of interest are stored on the server only according to the choices you made. They are restored to your device if you login again. They are deleted on the server if you delete them on your device.
5. How We Share Information
We do not share your Personal Information or any other data of your account with third parties!
6. Children’s Privacy
We do not communicate with children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children or sell any products to children. We take children’s privacy seriously and encourage the legal guardians of children to play an active role in their children’s online experience at all times. We provide you, as a legal guardian of a child or children under the age of 18, with the ability to use our Services. Our Service allows a parent to keep track of their children’s location on a mobile device on which the parent has installed our App. The Service is intended to be used by children under 18 only with significant parental involvement and approval. If you believe that we might have inadvertently collected information from a child under 18 without parental consent, please contact us at: email@example.com .
7. Security Measures
We care about the security of your information and use commercially reasonable physical, administrative, and technological safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information we collect and that we share with our service providers.
In particular, locations sent to the server will be stored encrypted with the so called ‘security text’. This security text remains on your device. Therefore, it is not possible for us or any other person to decrypt your locations.
A person who wants to track your locations, your so called peer, asks you to share your location data with him/her. The App on the peer’s device needs your security text for decrypting the forwarded, encrypted locations. That security text is transferred in a secure way from your device to the peer’s device by asymmetric RSA encryption technology using different public/private key pairs of you and of your peer.
For the sake of security we do not allow to change your nickname or email address afterwards.
8. Where We Store Your Personal Data
Our operations are supported by a network of computers, servers, and other infrastructure and information technology, including, but not limited to, third-party service providers. We and our third-party service providers store and process your personal data in the European Union.
9. Retention and Deletion
We keep the data belonging to your account for as long as your account exists. The App offers the possibility to delete your account: in that case all your account data will be deleted from the server, and from your device.
You can also permanently delete locations from the server for specific periods.
10. Access to Information
You can request that we send you the Personal Information you provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, enabling you to transfer such information to another data controller. Where technically feasible, we will handle such transfer directly.
Requests for information about your account can only be made via email using the email address of your account. The email message must be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
12. How to Contact Us